Friday, August 29, 2014

WEEK THREE
Tuesday (Written Wednesday)
Nutrition: None
Back when i was cycling excessively i found that, while most of the time i really liked what i was doing, that some rides were just terrible. either i was tired, it was too hot, my knee felt funny, or i almost got hit by someone, that ride dragged on until the last mile. 

By the time i was done with two years of consistent riding, i found that these days happened much too frequently. however, they were almost always followed by a blissfully awesome ride. if i somehow managed to get back on my bike after deciding i was quitting two days ago, i was reminded why i loved riding. i felt strong, alert, enjoyed my riding buddies, and loved the scenery. all i had to do was get back on the bike.

Hopefully, this is the same for running, because my run on Tuesday sucked. i ran around greenlake as always, but just wasn't feeling it. i'd had an overwhelming first day of work, and three miles was torture. heck, two miles was torture. my stomach felt funny, my calves felt tight, the knee pain i haven't had since cycling STP came back, and i felt like i couldn't breath.

Basically, just an awful run. i worked on my mental strength (with a lot of mental swear words) and managed to run the entire three miles without stopping. and i am very proud of that.
heres to the next run, may it be way better than the last!

Thursday
Nutrition: None
As expected, Thursday's run was much better. The first three miles went by easily, and the last was only difficult because I had to loop back on myself, and I hate seeing trails twice. I ran around Magnuson park, so there was lots of people watching to be had. Lots of little kids out playing soccer, frisbee and rugby.

The run felt good. My watch wouldn't link to GPS so I went on time alone, and may have ran a bit more than the four miles scheduled. I was able to keep my head in the game mostly, and my pace felt really comfortable. A fair amount of the run was on pavement, but my legs felt good and I stayed upright. My socks seem to be helping, though it takes my calves a lot longer to warm up, I haven't had any feet or calf issues yet.

It was surprising how much my mood was elevated after this run. I was really dreading it, as Tuesday's went  so badly, and was in a pretty bad mood leading up to it. But very happy afterwards! Looking forward to a long trail run this weekend WITH OTHER PEOPLE!!!

Triathlon
Getting antsy to swim and bike. I tested a triathlon bike last weekend on a trainer in the store, and will be taking it out for a test ride with my shoes this weekend. very excited for the time when i get to vary my workout!

*Kelly*

No comments:

Post a Comment