Friday, August 22, 2014

Second week of training: 

Though I wasn’t expecting it to, my five mile run with Maddie on Monday in forest park felt great! It went by quickly, I walked some of the steeper hills, but on purpose, not because I felt I had to. The 3 mile easy run on Tuesday also felt great in the evening with Maddie. She ran so great on leash as well! I had to leave her at the house early to finish because she’s been tired (especially from the 5 miler on Monday).

On Wednesday, I started out the tempo run too fast and ran the first mile in 8:15, then the second in 7:50. Then had to drop back quite a bit and ran the final mile in about 10:00. It felt great though! Cooler weather is definitely for me. I felt bad leaving Maddie at home but she wouldn’t have done the run happily. Iced and chocolate milk afterwards.

Thursday I wasn’t feeling as good and calves were definitely sore in the morning before my walk with Maddie. I also forgot to take iron in the morning (I’m trying to take it every 36 hours), so I was feeling a little fatigued in general. I lifted (below)  in the afternoon, which felt great and didn’t seem to affect my legs at all. By the time I made it home after Lillian’s going away party and Thirst Thursday, I wasn’t feeling up for a run. Luckily it was an easy day, and the 4th in a row because of Calagary. So I didn’t feel too bad skipping it. I ran a little at the dog park with Maddie and felt pretty stiff in my calves, confirming my decision not to run.

Lift:        4 min row at level 6
                10 air squats
                10 back squats at 55#
                2 X 7 back squats at 65# - need to up weight next week
                8 deadlifts at 95#
                2 X 5 deadlifts at 115# - need to get stronger back, not feeling it really anywhere yet, just preventing injury
                Stretch and 3 sets of hip abduction exercises.


Pace and 6 miler this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment