Monday, September 8, 2014

WEEK FOUR

Tuesday
I took the dog with me for the first time after his hiking injury. Greenlake was pretty empty as we went right after I got back from work. Unfortunately, it was an incredibly windy day (right before a horribly rainy night) and he was distracted by all the things flying around. We went slowly with lots of stops for leave attacks, but I felt very good with the run overall, and felt comfortable at that distance.

Thursday
Thursday Apollo and I ran a 3 mile hills run. I was supposed to be doing a "pace" but I've started switching that up with slightly shorter hills, as it seems to work my legs and lungs just as much. Carkeek was pretty empty (except for the woman he jumped on and scared) and we had a good old time. Walked some uphills, but worked my ass off and was proud of the soreness on Friday.

Saturday
This was the longest run of my LIFE. Pretty crazy that we're already at that point. I kept reminding myself that eight miles is only one mile longer than seven, and seven felt pretty good last week. Luckily, eight felt even better! I ran at the Bridle Trails park in Redmond/Bellevue, where Ian, Stacy and I attempted to do a relay race last year. It was a beautiful morning, not too hot and not too cold, and the trails were very very empty. I ran with my shirt off and no music, and I felt absolutely great! Miles four through seven I felt like I was flying, and the last one was only hard due to my poor planning and having to decide really fast where I was going. My legs felt strong, nothing injury-wise was acting up, and even though my nutrition consisted of Starburst Gummies, I didn't bonk. I let myself walk the few longish uphills, and just felt free and great. Hopefully exactly what the Half will feel like!
Very happy to have done this run the morning of Jen's wedding, as it made the whole day so much better. Looking forward to my "bye" next weekend of climbing three 14ers!
*Kelly*

No comments:

Post a Comment