Thursday, September 4, 2014

Testing at Nike

I was planning on doing a nice easy run in forest park this evening with Maddie, but Jeff and Ian asked me to come test something, who knows what, at the track. So I decided to do the 3 miles there instead. Bad idea.

They didn't have a set plan, so I just ran 3 miles around the track, which would have been fine but I didn't have a watch that I understood so I didn't know how fast I was going. I was trying to go slow and stayed in a range where I could have had a conversation, but turns out I went wayyy too fast. I averaged 8:40 min/mile pace over the 3 miles, which is not an "easy" run for me. I then went straight to swimming because I've promised myself I would go at least once a week and I hadn't gone yet.

So after an hour and a half of workout, the run which I wasn't planning and didn't bring food for, I was exhausted. I did the easier swim workout, but it still was 2800 in less than an hour. I did drink some chocolate milk afterwards and ate my bagel, but will probably feel some fatigue from this tomorrow...

Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment