Monday, October 27, 2014

Finals Weeks!
Three Weeks to GO!
This long run SUCKED. I was dreading the run, and did a terrible job of psyching myself up. I couldn't find somewhere long enough to run that I didn't have to do an out and back, and once I decided on that, I didnt really get on board.

I planned on running out and back on the East Lake Sammamish trail, which is gravel and very flat, but unfortunately closed. I made it a mile and a half in only to see a "Trail Closed Ahead" sign. Some inappropriate loud words were had.

Luckily I parked at Marymoor, so I just ran the rest as an out and back along the Sammamish river trail. Not super pleasant, but I took the opposite side that I usually do, and was able to break it into sections in my head that made it go much faster. I also ran this with headphones (which I have yet to do on a long run). While I think that might have actually been helpful, my iPod decided it wouldn't switch songs, and I had a reminder very 2-3 minutes of how long it had been when i had to "skip" to the next song. I'm definitely a "sounds of nature only" person.

Anyways, this run sucked, I wanted to cry at the end, and the Seahawks lost while I was running.

Two Weeks to GO!
This week I got sick. Maybe why my 11 miler was so crappy. I ran my 3 mile run (12 min/mile pace!!) on Tuesday but skipped Thursday for fear of staying sick for the 12 miler.

I convinced Curtis to drop me off and pick me up, and was able to run a 12 mile section of the Iron Horse Trail out by North Bend. I vetoed the headphones this one, as they were terrible the last one.

Twelve went way better than eleven. This trail is gorgeous, fall is my favorite season, and there were just enough people out that I didn't think I was going to be eaten by a bear without anyone noticing. I was happy to be done by the end, but I am very sure now that I can run 13.1 no matter what. And I'm no longer sick!

One Week to GO!!!
Hoooray for tapers! Even though the plan didnt call for it, Stacy and I both decided a taper was well in order.
We spent the weekend wine tasting and running in Yakima. We found a lovely canyon trail that went through beautiful yellow and red fall trees, a gradual uphill then downhill, and great gravel trial.
We ended up running/walking (some offroading was in order) only 6 miles, but they felt wonderful. Amazing to me now that that can feel so short.

I have only five more miles (3 on Tuesday, 2 on Wednesday) until the half marathon, and I'm getting giddy with anticipation. If only the weather would stop dropping into the 40s...

Here come the sisters, Sisters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment